Registration for Services
Use of the "Sha'ar La'Matchil" online digital newspaper requires registration. On registering, you will be requested to provide personal information, such as your name, address, contact details, email address and credit card information. Fields which are mandatory are explicitly indicated. If you do not provide the details requested in the mandatory fields, you will not be able to register for the services requiring registration.
The details provided by you when registering for the Site's services are saved in the database of the Plimus billing company, whose clearing services are used by "Yedioth Shurot." You are not legally obligated to provide this information, but, use of the services is contingent on your doing so.
Use of the Information
· To enable you to use various services on the Site.
· For improving and enriching the services and the content offered on the Site, including the creation of new services and content suited to the requirements and expectations of the Site's users and for modifying or cancelling existing services and content. The information used by "Yedioth Shurot" for this purpose will be mainly statistical information that does not identify you personally.
· For creating personal zones on the Site which you can modify according to your preferences.
· For purchasing products and services on the Site – including the publication of information and content on your behalf.
· For tailoring the advertisements displayed to you when visiting the Site to your areas of interest. The information that will be used by "Sha'ar La'Matchil" for this purpose will not identify you personally by name or address.
· "Yedioth Shurot" may email you from time to time information about its services, as well as marketing and advertising information, whether published by it or received for posting from other advertisers. You may, at any time, request to stop receiving such information. In any case, "Yedioth Shurot" will not provide your personal details to other advertisers.
· For contacting you (in case of need) or for analyzing and transferring statistical information to third parties, including advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally.
Transfer of Information to Third Parties
"Yedioth Shurot" will not transfer your personal details and the information collected about your activity on the Site (to the extent that these details and information identify you personally), to third parties other than in the cases detailed below:
· Whenever you purchase products and services from commercial and content partners of "Yedioth Shurot," or whenever you take part in content-related activities of a third party or in joint activities of "Yedioth Shurot" and a third party that are presented on the Site. In these cases, the partners will be given the information needed by them to complete the purchase procedure, for managing the relevant content-related activity and for maintaining contact with you.
· If "Yedioth Shurot" is served a court order directing it to transfer your details or information about you to a third party.
· In the event of any dispute, complaint, claim, demand or legal proceedings between you and "Yedioth Shurot."
· Whenever "Yedioth Shurot" considers that transferring the information is necessary for preventing serious damage to your person or property or to the person or property of a third party.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can avoid this by changing the definitions in your browser. For this purpose, refer to the browser's Help file. However, you should bear in mind that disabling the cookies could prevent you from using some of the Site's services and features. Moreover, you can delete the cookies from your computer at any time. It is recommended that you do so only if you are certain that you do not want the Site to be adapted to your preferences. As the cookies sometimes save you the necessity of entering user names and passwords, you should not delete them unless you have first made sure to write down in a safe place all the details required for using the Site.
Services of Third Parties
"Yedioth Shurot" implements information security systems and procedures on the Site. While these systems and procedures reduce the risk of unauthorized entry into "Yedioth Shurot"'s computers, they do not offer absolute security. Therefore, "Yedioth Shurot" does not guarantee that the services on the Site will be totally immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein.
Right to Peruse Information
Under the Privacy Protection Law, 5741-1981, any person is entitled to peruse, by himself or through an attorney authorized by him, in writing or through his legal guardian, information pertaining to him that is contained in a database. A person who peruses information pertaining to him and finds it to be incorrect, incomplete, unclear or outdated, may request the database owner to correct or delete the information. If the database owner refuses to comply with this request, he must notify the requesting party of such refusal in the manner stipulated in the regulations. The refusal of a database owner to allow the perusal of information or to correct or delete information may be appealed by the requesting party before the Magistrate's Court in the manner stipulated in the regulations.
Furthermore, if the information in the "Yedioth Shurot" databases is used for purposes of personally soliciting you based on your affiliation with a particular population group, defined on the basis of one attribute or more of persons whose names are included in the database ("solicitation for commercial purposes"), you are permitted, under the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981, to demand in writing the deletion of the information relating to you from the database. "Yedioth Shurot" will, in such cases, delete the information required by it solely for solicitation for commercial purposes as stated above. Information required by "Yedioth Shurot" for the management of its business – including documentation of commercial and other activities that were performed by you on the Site – will continue to be legally kept by it but will no longer be used for purposes of personally soliciting you. If, within 30 days, you do not receive a notification that the information which "Yedioth Shurot" was requested to delete has in fact been deleted in accordance with this paragraph, you may apply to the Magistrate's Court in the manner stipulated in the regulations enacted pursuant to the Law, for an order directing "Sha'ar La'Matchil" to act as stated.
Press here for information concerning the Conditions of use.